Thursday, January 29, 2009

Surgery Update

Unfortunatley, I am not able to get into my surgery. I am in a lot of pain and just want to update everyone on how it went. I promise I will get into the surgery on my next post.

Surgery was yesterday (Jan.28). There was cancer in my sentinel nodes so my surgeon had to take all my axillary lymph nodes. I ended up going under general anesthesia when they found this out. It took me a LONG time to come out of anesthesia, but I was sent home at about 5pm. I am in A LOT of pain, no bleeding through bandages so that is good. I cannot get to the bathroom and back without having to lay on my bed from the nausea and pain.

I have a drain coming from my underarm that leads into a bulb that I have to drain every 8-10 hours (yes it is disgusting). But I'm alive. My left boob doesn't hurt at all, but I think it is getting trumped by the left arm, chest and underarm.

I will write more when I can use my arm better, just sitting up this long is getting me sick again...

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you are home- hope they have given you plenty of pain meds, take them regularly- don't wait until the pain gets too bad. Girl you are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete