Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Baby Mommas

April 17 - 19, 2009

I have referrenced my "Baby Mommas" many times. They are a group of about 16 women that had babies all due during the same week as Natalie. We have become quite tight and they are wonderfully supportive. We are actually called the "Bountiful Baby" Mommas, but when I talk about them, I just refer to them as my "Baby Mommas". My Baby Mommas are great, every week I recieve a new gift / card / flower arangment / balloon, something letting me know that I have their thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.

On Friday April 17, I got home from work with the girls and started dinner. Chris told me that I had missed call from Bridget (one of the baby mommas). I took my phone and was calling her back when the someone knocked on the door. When I opened it, it was Bridget!!! Actually Bridget, Sharon and their babies (well I guess they are toddlers now). They had drove all the way from New York to spend the weekend. I found out that these two wonderful women had planned the trip for over two months and had even made sure that they came on a non-chemo weekend so I would be able to enjoy their trip.

On Saturday morning, Meg came up with her baby at about 9:30am. It was so nice to spend the weekend with these women and their children. Our breakfast, lunch and dinners consisted of 5 adults, 1 teenager, 1 pre-schooler and 4 toddlers, oh and don't forget.. 1 dog!! They were hectic but SO MUCH FUN!!!

We had a sleep over and everyone stayed until Sunday afternoon. It was wonderful.

I have to tell you, I was having a really crappy week. I got a cold the weekend before, it was on the verge of bronchitis. I couldn't sleep well because I couldn't breathe. My energy seemed to be dwindling this past couple of weeks. This weekend, my friends helped give me a renewal of energy, I think by just making me laugh. On Saturday night, after all the babies were asleep (which was a feet by itself) the four of us Mommas went outside in the night on my deck and just sat, talked and laughed so hard. It really made me feel good.

So thank you ladies!!! Thank you for the french toast, the lasagna, hummingbird cake and the slices of cake from Magnolia Bakery. Thank you for making me feel better, for making me laugh, and most of all for your friendship.

Oh, and as a P.S. Thank you Chris for being the best husband in the world. He cooked for us and took care of the dishes and our babies so I was able to spend some time with the girls. I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment