Friday, July 31, 2009

What Was I Thinking?

July 31, 2009

What was I thinking?? I agreed to start a running program with a few of my Baby Mommas this week. AARRGGHHH!!!

The program is called "Couch to 5K". It is a training program that slowly gets you back in shape so you can run a 5 K within 9 week???

So everyone with me.... What was I thinking!!! Hasn't my body explained to my mind that I have cancer?!

The first week is a brisk 5-minute warm up walk (that is just the warm-up??) Then you switch off running for 60 seconds and then walking for 90 seconds. You do that for 8 reps (all in all about 20 minutes).

I did it on Monday and Wednesday, and I will be heading out in a few minutes to do today's....

So far it is not bad, sore but not bad. I don't know how long I can do this for (my left breast is starting to ache), but I will do what I can to get his body back in tip-top pre-cancer (pre-baby) shape!!

My loving and (sarcastic) hubby, asked me if I still run slower than I walk.... Uh, yeah, but who said you have to go fast???

PS. You all KNOW that I am running to New Kids on The Block right??? *wink wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment