Friday, May 15, 2009

Scheduling Follow-up Appointments

I called this morning to make an appointment for a follow up with my surgeon (the breast surgeon, I need to see her every six months). At my last appointment, they told me that they start making appointment for August on May 1st. Okay, so I didn't want to look like a freak and call on May 1 at 8am, so I called today. I mean really Aug is 3 months away, right?

So... NO FRIGGIN' APPOINTMENTS!!! Not one!!! I can call back on June 1st (at 8am) to schedule for September.

WHAT???

Don't you realize that I have to have a 6 month appointment?

Do you know how many other people also need 6 month appointments? (Okay so she didn't exactly say this, but that is the way it sounded to me!!)

Well crap!!! This surgeon's office people really pisses me off. Nobody said we fill up quickly, so please call ON May first. My surgeon is, but damn it, it is ridiculous that I cannot get in for my 6 month follow up, really ridiculous. At this point I don't want to change because she knows my case (and boobs) so well at this point.

So I will call back on June 1st at friggin' 7:59am!!!!

I was able to make my follow-up mammogram for August 18th though, they weren't full...

Welcome to the next 5 years of my life. Cancer Sucks!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, sweetie, I'm sorry...that soooo sucks! Live and learn, huh?? Now if ANYONE messes with you on being a freak about taking dates seriously, you can tell them your story!

    Love you! Kisses to all!

    ReplyDelete