Sunday, April 17, 2011


This year, I'll be participating in a very special event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure.

I'll walk 60 miles over the course of three days with thousands of other women and men. Net proceeds from the 3-Day for the Cure fund innovative global breast cancer research and local community programs supporting education, screening and treatment. Virtually every major advance in the fight against breast cancer in the last 28 years has been impacted by a Komen for the Cure grant.

I've agreed to raise at least $2,300 in donations. I've set my personal goal at $2500. So I need your help. Would you please consider making a donation of $100? Keep in mind how far I'm walking - and how hard I'll have to train. You can give online at The3Day.org. Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage and make a donation. You can also call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone.

Two years ago, I received the call that I had breast cancer. I don't want any other woman to get that call....

Somewhere in the world, a woman dies from breast cancer every 69 seconds. That's why I'm walking so far. To do something bold about breast cancer. I hope that you'll share this incredible adventure with me - by supporting me in my fundraising efforts.

Surgery, Chemo, then radiation... 60 miles? I can do that!

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,
Laurie Jo
Captain of Team LJ

P.S. Ask your employer if they will double your donation through a matching gift program!

Thank you to Luke for making my Mascot!!! (seen at the top of this post)

No comments:

Post a Comment