Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Down.. But Not Out

Hey everyone.

I might be down for a few weeks, but everyday I feel a little better.

I am working from home for the next four weeks and taking care of myself. I am doing well, but get tired easily, and sitting upright does hurt after a while. So I am trying to take naps when I am done with work. I haven't had any hot flashes or menopause symptoms yet. I am so excited about that, but just waiting for them to come. I started taking my Tamoxifen again last night. I hope it doesn't make it start. Maybe my body feels better with no estrogen! Hahahaha.

I still cannot lift for 6 weeks and it is really hard on my girls (especially Natalie who wants me to hold her all the time). But it is getting better.

So far no news from Dr. B on my test results, I think she might wait until my first post-op appointment next week. But I guess no news is good news in this case.

My love to everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing to me that you are still working--even from home. I am so glad your mom and Larry are there. Bet those little girls are keeping everyone busy and entertained. I went into what they use to call 'trauma menopause' when mom died. Use (always) a good moisturizer on face and body. Guess that is my best advice. You have handled this so bravely Laurie that you should be giving me advice!!
    I Love You Hon
    Aunt Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you had to have surgery again. But I am so happy that you are cancer free. My prayers are sure with you and hope you have a speedy recovery.....and I can't believe you're working! You're pretty much amazing!

    ReplyDelete