Thursday, September 3, 2009

My 6 Month Follow-Up

September 3, 2009

I met with my surgeon (Dr. A) for my 6 month follow-up today. I brought all my films with me. I they said that they needed the current mammogram films and the prior ones. I didn't know exactly what "prior" they wanted (the ones with the wires hanging out of my boob, or the one before the surgery), so I brought them all.

My appointment was at 9:15am. I sat there with only one other lady. I was called back pretty quick and sat in the room until Dr. A was finished looking at the films (I assume). She came in all smiles and told me that my films looked good. She did a full breast exam for both breasts and then said I looked wonderful and healing very nicely and she would see me in 6 more months.
At that time I would have a bi-lateral (both sides) MRI done and a left sided mammogram.
That was it. Easy - peasy.

Lets hope that that is how all my appointments will go for the rest of my life.
Oh, and my Mom wanted to me to take a picture of my hair growing back....

Me and all my glory...


It is really growing in nicely. Of course it is not as fast, full or curly as I had hoped, but it is coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment